First Congregational Church of Albany
First Congregational Church of Albany

Origins of our Congregation

First Congregational Church and Society of Albany was organized by a band of “thirteen earnest Congregationalists who had become merged into churches of other denominations in the city. These people, having been used to the larger freedom granted by the Congregational order, and attracted by the possibility of a new church for their faith in this city” met on December 15, 1849 at the home of James Burton on Grand Street “for the purpose of founding a new religious society whose form would appeal to those who believed in the simple tenets of faith.” These thirteen Congregationalists included Anthony Gould, Dr. James McNaughton, Bradford R. Wood, and Rufus H. King, all of whom were prominent citizens of the city.

Worship Service is held at 10:30am every Sunday and is followed by our Coffee Fellowship

 

405 Quail Street

Albany, New York 12208

(518) 482-4580

1stCong@gmail.com

We are an open and affirming congregation. All are welcome!
Constant Contact

Sign up for our weekly e-newsletter

Print Print | Sitemap
© First Congregational Church

This website was created using 1&1 MyWebsite.