First Congregational Church was formed in 1849. The Rev. Dr. Ray Palmer, noted scholar, theologian, and poet, was called as the first pastor. In 1852, the church hosted the “Albany Convention”, pivotal to the establishment of the denomination.
In 1917, First Congregational Church relocated and became the first church to serve the growing "Woodlawn" area of the city. The present church building, dedicated to Rev. Dr. Ray Palmer, was designed by noted architect Albert W. Fuller, who had been a member of the church.
In 2014, First Congregational Church was added to the National Register of Historic Places, recognizing its contribution to the Congregational denomination and to the city of Albany.
Visit the links on the left to learn more about First Congregational Church and its history.
Worship Service is held at 10:30am every Sunday and is followed by our Coffee Fellowship
405 Quail Street
Albany, New York 12208
Our Mission Partners
Connect with us Online !
Sign up for our weekly e-newsletter